Skip to main content

THE THIRD SECRET by Frank Ainslie - Critical Acclaim






Editorial Reviews




"THE THIRD SECRET is as good as anything that I have published in over ten years as an editor. It is utterly gripping and one of the most well-crafted, intelligent novels I have come across."  

Lee Shilosky –Senior Editor of BOOKBOOTERS

"THE THIRD SECRET, one of three messages reputed to have been given to the Children of Fatima in 1917, has become the focus of more speculation than any other supernatural event of the twentieth century. It is also the centrepiece of Frank Ainslie's supernatural thriller. Critically acclaimed around the world, THE THIRD SECRET is a tense and gripping story in which the reader is taken on an emotional roller coaster. Its theme is the ageless and ongoing battle between good and evil; a battle that has raged since man first walked the earth. Thought provoking and gut wrenching in parts THE THIRD SECRET is also a tender and passionate love story set in a tortured and troubled land. The ingenious and totally unexpected ending will satisfy even the most demanding of readers."

David Jesson-Dibley (Principal Reader) - THE PROFESSIONAL AUTHORS' & PUBLISHERS' ASSOCIATION [London]

"THE THIRD SECRET is a wide-ranging, skilfully constructed, several-layered novel. The realistic and mysterious story line, carefully detailed and expressively related, holds the reader's attention throughout. Read in the Vatican, the story would raise more than a few eyebrows. If Iran and its ayatollahs rather than the Vatican and its cardinals were the players in this story, then the author might suffer the same fate as Salman Rushdie. THE THIRD SECRET has in abundance, imaginative scope, realism, emotion and tension. This is a compelling piece of fiction writing. Here, we have an author who is clearly comfortable in his chosen genre, in full control of his material and his readers' reactions to it. I feel that no reader could fail to be instantly absorbed by the intricate and enthralling plot which is unravelled as it builds towards its exiting climax. The author takes his readers on a clear and well-defined journey from start to finish and leaves them feeling like they truly experienced something at the end of it. Not that there is anything obvious about the manner in which the tale unfolds. In short, this is a thoroughly absorbing and intriguing read."  

Andrew Grice - Editor of MINERVA PRESS [London]

"The author can certainly write! The THIRD SECRET is well constructed and assured; the pace never flags." 

Jane Paffreyman - Head of Publishing RANDOM HOUSE [Sydney]

"The THIRD SECRET is a riveting tale of corruption and intrigue. The author paints a richly textured portrait. The depictions of time and place are convincingly evocative, and the characters encountered by Lechaim, the protagonist in the story, are finely and sensitively drawn. This is an intelligently written work that displays a measured pace and expression. Scene setting is finely balanced with narrative flow to produce a manuscript that succeeds on a variety of levels. The written style itself is fresh and uncluttered."  

Emma Rhodes - Senior Editor of MINERVA PRESS [London]   



Readers’ Comments




"I have read the comments of other readers and I agree with every one of them. When reading this book, I found myself on an express ride that affected me spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. At the end of it all, I was left in total awe of the author’s ability to paint pictures with words and totally engross and captivate me throughout. I must admit I found the beginning of the book required my full attention as I tried to work out where I was being led. However, once I was involved in the story, I couldn’t put it down.  Where the heck the author got his ideas from is beyond me? Fantastic! I, the reader, was taken into every scene, and it really felt as though I was right there. The author is correct when he says that TTS is not for everyone. It’s certainly not for the faint hearted or those of tender years, or those readers of the more sensitive kind. BUT, for those brave hearts who enjoy a good, gripping and exciting read it is a 'must read' book! I can't wait for my husband to read the book and see what he thinks of it, as he is an avid fan of Wilbur Smith and others like him. Being a lover of suspense and intrigue, he will, I feel sure, enjoy THE THIRD SECRET with its many twists and turns as much as I did.  Frank Ainslie has a gift for writing that should be shared with all readers that love a good book to snuggle up with. I am now hanging out for either the sequel to "The Third Secret" or whatever book he next plans to write.”  Annie Gollan

“Bloody marvellous! I didn’t think that stories with a supernatural element were my cup of tea. I have revised my opinion after reading this book which is as good as any I have read in many a long year. ‘THE THIRD SECRET’ is spellbinding! I just couldn't put it down. I'm a Wilbur Smith fan. I thought Wilbur would be a hard act to follow, until now that is. The story is absolutely riveting. The build-up in the beginning is slow and deliberate but, boy, does it take off. Trying to predict what happens next is nigh on impossible. How the writer came up with the plot is beyond me. This man will be a major author in the years to come.”  Sel Burnie

“I have had the pleasure of reading THE THIRD SECRET. This book is a thriller, well written, and holds the attention of the reader from start to finish. An unsuspecting end to THE THIRD SECRET will have the reader waiting and anticipating a Fourth Secret. I loved this book and was engrossed from the beginning to the end. Frank Ainslie has a talent for thrillers. I look forward to reading more work from this talented author. I believe THE THIRD SECRET is comparable to anything well-known author Stephen King has written.” Lynette Wolfe 

“I sat down for a quite read and found myself completely absorbed in this book. THE THIRD SECRET is as gripping as anything I have read in the past and provided me with many hours of vicarious enjoyment. I found it unequalled for its diamond sharp dialogue and superb characterizations. It has more twists and turns than a maze, and I found myself reading it with growing anticipation and infinite pleasure. Suspenseful, compelling, hard-hitting, brilliant. More please!”  Alfred Smith 

“The first time I read THE THIRD SECRET I did so in two sittings. The second time I read it I found it just as enjoyable. This book had me on the edge of my seat all the way as I waited to find out what happened next. It certainly keeps you guessing and is a sure fire bestseller. I can’t wait to see the movie.”  Ian MacKay 

“I’m 18 years old and like stories that have romance, adventure, and plenty of action. When I read a book, if the first few chapters are boring I skip the pages or read something else. Not only did I read every word in The Third Secret I couldn’t stop thinking about it afterwards. The people and places in it seem so real. It’s just a great book to read.”  Tianna Paun

“I wasn’t able to get any sense out of my wife while she was reading this book. She’s now asked me to respond on her behalf: ‘This book was given to me as a gift so I really had no idea what to expect. From the outset I was gripped, my imagination was resuscitated, as I found myself lost in this incredible novel. I am now a confirmed Frank Ainslie fan and can’t wait for his next novel.’ Curious to find out what kept her quite for so long, I too read this book and found that, for once, we both agree on something.”  Stephen Kelly & Hillary Kelly

“What an exceptionally intriguing book. From start to finish, THE THIRD SECRET was packed with suspense and excitement. The story line invites you to use your imagination, but even then there’s always a surprise twist around the next corner. Definitely worth reading twice.”  Despina Economides

"I was hooked from the beginning. The author, Frank Ainslie, certainly has a special talent for writing. ‘THE THIRD SECRET’ is a captivating story, with an interesting array of characters whose life paths cross and are entwined. It is so well put together. ‘THE THIRD SECRET’ is not just a book. It is an emotional experience. Love, sadness, anger, anticipation, excitement and spiritual intrigue are all in the mix leaving me wanting more. I read ‘THE THIRD SECRET’ twice because it is so unlike anything else I have read before and the intriguing ending left me wondering. Incredibly well done! Next book please."  Colleen Cousins

“This is the second time of reading this book I thoroughly enjoyed it the first time and had to read it again. I think it would make an excellent film. The Third Secret is full of intrigue and suspense. The author takes you through the twists and turns of the extraordinary life of a soldier who defies the law of reason by surviving death in unbelievable circumstances. When reading the story it works the imagination and leaves the reader guessing what will happen next. The characters are so believable. It takes you into their world and you want to experience the life they are leading. I couldn't wait to read the next chapter because the book has such a compelling story line. I would strongly recommend it to avid readers. I cannot wait for Frank Ainslie's next novel.”  Rosemary Search

"Really enjoyed this book when I read it in hard copy. So happy to purchase it for my Kindle. A good read."  Maureen Vonder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN BANK HEIST

“It is well enough that people do not understand our banking system for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning!” HENRY FORD The history of the banking Code and the problems that have beset it since its introduction are comprehensively outlined in two reports entitled ‘The Australian Bankers’ Problematic Code’ prepared by a Mr. Archer Field BEc, MBA. The first report (Part 3b) dated 5 th December 2010 was submitted to the Tasmanian Small Business Council and the second report (Part 2) dated 19 th August 2015 was submitted to the Council of Small Business Organisations of Australia. These are the most comprehensive reports produced in relation to the banking code and are required reading for anyone that wants to fully understand how the banking code has now become a shield for rogue banks rather than a protection device for the banks’ customers. Because these reports are quite extensive, I will only present here a brief commentary on some

DOES GOD EXIST?

Stephen Hawking died recently at the age of 76. I coincidentally just happen to be 76 myself. He was a professed atheist from an early age and thought that science and God were not compatible. In fact, I believe that they complement one another quite nicely. You might well ask,  "Who am I to contradict the great man?"  After all, I'm not even a Christian anymore. Don't get me wrong! I'm certainly not comparing myself with the great Stephen Hawking who was one of the cleverest individuals that ever lived. However, we shouldn’t assume that because he knew so much about physics and cosmology that he also had a handle on God too. Why, when you think about it, should he know more than anyone else about God simply because he was a scientist albeit an eminent one? The Pope cannot prove, one way or the other, that God does exist so Stephen is way down in the pecking order. No one has a conduit to God. We can’t ring him up and ask him (I'm using the m